How Long Will It Take?
Updated November 1, 2022
What to Expect:
The City of King City is experiencing extremely high volumes of passport customers and phone calls with longer-than-usual wait times.
- PLAN AHEAD!
- City Hall is closed on all federal holidays, Saturdays, and Sundays!
- Mail delays are impacting passport applications for processing. The National Passport Center processing times begin the day that they receive your application, not the day that the City mails it.
- Routine service can take up to 6 to 9 weeks once your application is received by the US Department of State. This does NOT include mailing times.
- Expedite service (for an additional $60) can take up to 3 to 5 weeks once your application is received by the US Department of State. This does NOT include mailing times.
- All time frames are NOT guaranteed by the City or the U.S. Department of State.
No appointments are needed at the City of King City - We are a walk-in facility, a first-come-first-served.
Wait times at City Hall can be up to 3-hours. Take a number and wait inside the building.
With the high volume of passport customers, we will ONLY call your number three-time, if you are not in the building we will go to the next number and you will have to pull a new number.
We suggest that you:
- Planning ahead for 6 or more months ahead of time.
- That you come in or send your renewal application (DS-82) to the National Passport Center via trackable mail so you can track your application before it enters their system. This can be done whether applying at an acceptance facility or by mail.
- Pay an extra $39.06 to the City of King City for Priority Mail Express (1-2 day delivery) to the National Passport Center. You can also purchase Priority Mail Express from your post office.
- Pay an extra $18.32 for 1-2 day delivery for the return of your completed passport (please read the Fees page.)
More about Status Updates: It may take up to 6 weeks from the day you submit your application until your status is “In Process.” During these 6 weeks, your application is delivered to a mail facility, your payment is processed, and your application is entered into the National Passport Center system. Even if your passport status update says, “Not Available,” your application and supporting documents are safely on their way to us. Check online for your passport status (https://passportstatus.state.gov/).
Use Self-Service Tools Online: The City of King City and the National Passport Center call center are experiencing extremely high volumes of passport customers and phone calls with longer-than-usual wait times.
You can get your questions answered immediately by using one of the U.S. Passport self-service tools available on the U.S. Deprmatne of State website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. What you see online is the same information that call center and City staff representatives can share with you by phone. Please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html
Planning to Travel? Apply Early! Apply at least six months or more before planned travel. Due to limited availability for urgent travel appointments, the National Passport Center cannot guarantee you can receive in-person service at a passport agency or center. They are prioritizing customers with life-or-death emergencies. The National Passport Center does not charge a fee to make an appointment. Visit the Passport Agency and Center page to learn more.
Renew By Mail: Adults with 10-year passports can renew them by mail instead of appearing in person.
Notice Passport Fee Change (Passport Book Only):
On December 27, Passport Services will increase its fee for a passport book ($20) to cover increased security-related costs, ensuring the Department of State continues to produce and issue one of the most secure travel and identity documents in the world.